We Offer Washing and Burial Services
In 2011, JIAR opened the Jamaat Ibad Ar-Rahman Funeral Home, LLC to provide a facility where ghusl (washing/bathing) can be performed for deceased Muslims in the Triangle RTP area. The funeral home is located at 3304 Fayetteville St.
Services Fee: $800
The time immediately following the death of a loved one can be overwhelming, with grief and bereavement complicated by the seemingly endless number of tasks. For non-muslims, losing a Muslim family member can cause additional confusion on how to proceed. Jamaat Ibad Ar-Rahman can help you during these difficult times by arranging everything from picking up the body from the hospital, performing the ritual prayer on the body of the deceased (Salaatul Janazah), burying the body at a Muslim cemetery, and finally completing all the required legal paperwork.
1. Inform the hospital that you would like Jamaat Ibad Ar-Rahman Funeral Home to pick up the body.
2. Contact Ibad Ar-Rahman Funeral Home by sending an email to email@example.com with following information: Your name and contact number. The First, Middle, Last name of deceased. The hospital the body is located. We will only pickup body from Triangle area hospitals.
3. After you send the email (make sure you first send an email so we have the correct spelling of names), contact one of the following brothers:
- Naeem Latif – 919.599.0914
4. We will go to the hospital, indicated in your email, and pick-up the body. You must contact the Masjid before 12pm if you want same day burial. We need time to pick up the body, prepare for Salaatul Janazah and inform the cemetery that a grave needs to be dug. If we receive a request after 12pm, we will pick up the body from the hospital the following day. Note: We do not store bodies in the funeral home overnight or perform embalming services.
5. The body will be brought from the hospital and taken to Jamaat Ibad Ar-Rahman where we will perform ghusl (ceremonial washing) on the deceased.
6. Immediately after we will prayer Janazah over the body of the deceased. Salaatul Janazah will be prayer only after Salaatul Dhuhr. As previously mentioned we need to be notified by 12pm. This gives us enough time to contact the cemetery and have them dig the grave. Therefore, this is the only time Salaatul Janazah is offered.
7. The body will be buried at Durham Muslim Cemetery located approximately, 5 mins from the Masjid and Funeral Home.
8. We will complete all the necessary paperwork and file it with Durham County Vital Records. You can request a death certificate from them after 3-5 business days.
Note: Jamaat Ibad Ar-Rahman Funeral Home, LLC reserves the right to accept or deny any requests.