In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
Assalamu Alaikum, dear community members. Alhamdulillah, your JIAR Masjids are now open for daily prayers and Jumu’ah prayers. The Friday Jumu’ah are held in four shifts (1st shift: 12:10 pm at Parkwood; 2nd shift: 1:10 pm at Parkwood, 2nd shift: 1:10 pm at Fayetteville St.; 3rd shift: 2:15 pm at Parkwood). However, the capacity is limited and the social distancing rules are applied. All congregants are required to register for Jumu’ah prayers; the registration opens on Thursday noon time. Please review the followings that apply to each congregant. Please bring your Eventbrite registration confirmation (On your phone or printed) with you to show at the entrance.
- Registration is required and ticket is needed at check-in time
- If you are sick or have a fever: please stay at home
- Sisters and children: please pray at home
- Brothers of 65 or older: please pray at home
- Make Wudu at home and Bring your own prayer mat
- Wear a face mask
- Keep a distance of 6 ft from each other
- No hugging or handshaking
Fayetteville St. Masjid Project:
Alhamdulillah, upon approval of the Civil Plan for the Fayetteville St. Masjid Project by the City of Durham, we now have the NCDOT approval! We expect that the preparation for the Fayetteville St. Masjid building construction will begin as soon as we are out of COVID-19 restrictions by the grace of Allah SWT. Meanwhile, our architects are working with a General Contractor to monitor the construction market to help them initiate pre-construction services when the situation gets better.